What is the Kia Soul Safety Rating?
While the 2019 Kia Soul may stand out for its unique appearance, but this crossover makes a great compact family vehicle. It comes well-equipped with a load of safety features to keep your loved ones safe on the streets of St. James. Read on to learn more about the new Kia Soul safety ratings and features, and see what makes it such a safe pick for your Springfield commutes.
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
The 2019 Kia Soul delivers notable NHTSA crash test ratings:
- Overall Rating: 5 Stars
- Frontal Crash: 5 Stars
- Side Crash: 5 Stars
- Rollover: 4 Stars
Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
Currently, there are no safety scores for the 2019 Kia Soul from the IIHS. However, the 2018 Kia Soul passed IIHS crash tests with flying colors and was named a Top Safety Pick+. The expectation is that the 2019 Kia Soul will meet or beat the ratings of the 2018 model. Here is an in-depth look at the 2018 Kia Soul crossover’s IIHS crash test ratings:
Small Overlap Front
- Driver-Side: Good
- Passenger-Side: Acceptable
Moderate Overlap Front
- Side: Good
- Roof Strength: Good
- Head Restraints & Seats: Good
Crash Avoidance & Mitigation
- Front Crash Prevention: Superior (with optional equipment)
- Headlights: Good
With the exception of the “Advanced” or “Superior” ratings in Crash Avoidance & Mitigation, “Good” ratings are the top rating a car can receive from the IIHS.
Notable Safety Features
The safety ratings of the 2019 Kia Soul are backed by advanced safety features and technologies. Here are a few highlighted features for the Kia Soul:
- Standard Rear Camera Display: Parallel parking on Jefferson City streets are safer and less stressful thanks to the review backup camera.
- Standard Airbags: Dual front advanced, front seat-mounted side, and full-length side curtain airbags protect all occupants in the cabin.
- Available Driver Assists: Available safety features include the Autonomous Emergency Braking, a Forward Collision Warning System, Lane Departure Warning System, Smart Cruise Control, Blind Spot Detection, and Rear Cross-Traffic Alert.
Test Drive a Kia Soul at Kingdom Kia
If you are looking for a safe vehicle for your family, the 2019 Kia Soul provides a great option. It also delivers exceptional fuel economy and a variety of accessories to make the most of your daily drives in Jefferson City. Visit us at Kingdom Kia to explore the Kia Soul today!
Learn More About the Kia Soul
While the 2019 Kia Soul may stand out for its unique appearance, but this crossover makes a great compact family vehicle. It comes well-equipped with a load of safety features to keep your loved ones safe on the streets of St. James. Read on to learn more about the new Kia Soul safety ratings and features,…
We have one of the widest selections of Kia accessories at Kingdom Kia, and that includes 2019 Kia Soul accessories to protect and personalize your ride. St. James and Jefferson City drivers have flocked to the Soul for its style, fuel economy, and safety, but we think its customizability is what lets you fall in love with it….