2019 Kia Optima Gas Mileage
For St. James drivers, every mile counts, and the 2019 Kia Optima gas mileage enables them to go make the most out of their commute, whether they’re running errands around Springfield or going out of town for a couple of days on the road. Find out how the Kia Optima engine configurations and other fuel-saving features have elevated the Kia Optima MPG rating.
Kia Optima MPG & Engines
Different drivers require various engine configurations and your Kia Optima MPG will depend on which trim level suits you best. See what Kia Optima gas mileage you can get from the available engines below:
Kia Optima LX & S
- 2.4L 4-Cylinder — EPA-estimated 25 mpg city/35 mpg highway
Kia Optima EX
- 1.6L 4-Cylinder w/ Turbocharger — EPA-estimated 24 mpg city/33 mpg highway
Kia Optima SX
- 2.0L 4-Cylinder w/ Turbocharger — EPA-estimated 21 mpg city/30 mpg highway
Along with its three strong and reliable engine configuration options, the Kia Optima MPG can also be enhanced by the following fuel-saving features :
- Front-Wheel Drive: Front-wheel drive offers notable traction on Jefferson City roads, but uses less gas than all- or four-wheel drive systems.
- Dual Continuously Variable Valve Timing (CVVT): CVVT helps improve fuel economy ratings during your Fort Leonard Wood commutes by changing the timing of valve lift events.
- Available 7-Speed Dual-Clutch Transmission: Standard on the Optima EX, this type of transmission offers greater fuel-efficiency than automatics and manuals, thanks to its two separate clutches.
Test Drive the Kia Optima at Kingdom Kia in Rolla!
It’s time to get behind the wheel of the fuel-efficient and powerful Kia Optima at Kingdom Kia. Learn more about the Kia Optima interior or see how it compares to the Ford Fusion and Hyundai Sonata before browsing our inventory of new Optima models!
Have any more questions about gas? Learn the difference between premium and regular gas with our team!
More from Kingdom Kia
We know that St. James and Springfield drivers are always on the go, and so the best way to keep a vehicle like the 2019 Kia Sorento running at its best is to follow the Kia maintenance schedule. But exactly what is the 2019 Kia Sorento maintenance schedule? Well, this comprehensive guide from Kingdom Kia will help…
If you’re looking for a reliable Kia Model to ensure a secure commute around St. James and Springfield, then you owe it to yourself to check out the 2019 Kia Forte Safety ratings. The Forte has received exceptional ratings from sources like the NHTSA and the IIHS, and it is backed by some of the most…
Spark plugs may be tiny in size, but they are a major component to the function of your new or used Kia vehicle. And, like many other vehicle maintenance practices, spark plugs must be replaced as you continue to use your car. But, just how often should you change your spark plugs? Well, a good…