2019 Kia Sorento LX vs. EX: What’s the Difference?
Drivers who’ve decided on a 2019 Kia Sorento will still need to choose one of its six available configurations. Although each of the Kia Sorento trim levels brings a lot to the table, many drivers in the St. James region opt for one of the well-balanced, cost-effective mid-level trims. Comparing the Kia Sorento LX vs. EX V6, it’s clear that both models have a lot to offer. The EX V6 adds advanced features that make it a great value, but since it’s more expensive than the LX and the LX V6, it may not be the best choice for everyone. Find out if it’s right for you by reading on!
Naturally, the lower-level Kia Sorento LX is more affordable than the EX V6. The difference lessens when the LX is equipped with its own V6 engine, but even here it remains significant:
- 2019 Kia Sorento LX: $27,490 MSRP
- 2019 Kia Sorento LX V6: $31,290 MSRP
- 2019 Kia Sorento EX V6: $35,590 MSRP
Performance and Drivetrain
Here’s how the Kia Sorento LX and EX measure up in terms of power, performance, and fuel economy:
- The Kia Sorento LX comes equipped with a 2.4LInline-4 engine that delivers 185 hp and 178 lb-ft of torque. FWD comes standard, and with this equipment, it earns an EPA-estimated 22 mpg city, 29 mpg highway.
- The Kia Sorento LX V6 and the Kia Sorento EX V6 receive the same 3.3LV6 engine and get the same horsepower, torque, and fuel economy estimates. These models generate 290 hp, 252 lb-ft of torque, and get fuel economy of 19 mpg city, 26 mpg highway.
- The LX, LX V6, and EX V6 all come standard with front-wheel drive, and all offer available all-wheel drive. In each case, equipping this drivetrain upgrade slightly reduces fuel economy. AWD improves the Kia Sorento towing capacity only when the V6 engine is also equipped.
Regardless of whether you opt for the LX, LX V6, or EX V6, you’ll receive remote keyless entry, a 6-speaker system, a tilt/telescopic steering column, and automatic blind spot monitoring. Additionally, both LX and EX possess third-row seating, unlike top competitors like the Hyundai Santa Fe. However, only those who choose the EX V6 will receive the following features, standard:
- Heated front seats
- 8-way power adjustable passenger seat
- Leather-trimmed seats
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
- Satellite radio
- Smart Key
- Hands-free auto opening liftgate
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Parking Assist
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- LED Brake Lights
It’s also worth noting that the EX V6 offers an available navigation system, while the LX does not.
Compare the Kia Sorento LX vs. EX Trims at Kingdom Kia
Now that you’ve seen how the Kia Sorento LX vs. EX comparison pans out on paper, it’s time to see how they measure up in real life! Contact Kingdom Kia to schedule a test drive in the Kia Sorento trim level of your choice and be sure to read more about the Kia Sorento warranty. You can even see our comparison of the Sorento vs. Chevy Equinox or learn more about the Kia Sorento safety rating and the Kia Sorento interior features. We’re located just a short drive from Springfield, so don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Learn More About the Kia Sorento
The 2019 Kia Sorento is one of the most popular SUVs on the market that offers plenty of advanced safety features to keep you alert and protected on St. James and Springfield roads. But it’s not just drivers and customers that are airing praise for the Kia Sorento. Reputable sources such as the IIHS and NHTSA…
You already know the 2019 Kia Sorento is a great deal, but the Sorento warranty sweetens the pot, with coverage that’s sure to delight St. James drivers and beyond. The Kia warranty includes: 5-year/60,000-mile bumper-to-bumper 10-year/100,000-mile limited powertrain 5-year/100,000-mile corrosion protection 5-year/60,000-mile roadside assistance Learn more about what these different protections cover with the experts at…
Drivers who’ve decided on a 2019 Kia Sorento will still need to choose one of its six available configurations. Although each of the Kia Sorento trim levels brings a lot to the table, many drivers in the St. James region opt for one of the well-balanced, cost-effective mid-level trims. Comparing the Kia Sorento LX vs. EX…