2016 Kia Soul vs. 2016 Nissan Juke
The 2016 Kia Soul makes quite a statement amongst SUVs. It’s a sharp looking vehicle that smoothly takes on varying travel conditions, and provides ample space for occupants and gear. It trumps competitors such as the 2016 Nissan Juke with notable pricing and details that prove why it’s the right choice for anyone looking for a vehicle that will hold its value and appeal for as many years as possible.
Kia Soul vs. Nissan Juke: Pricing
One immediate difference between the models is that the 2016 Kia Soul is considerably lower in price than the 2016 Nissan Juke. Its MSRP is:
- 2016 Kia Soul base: $15,900
- 2016 Kia Soul + (Plus): $19,400
- 2016 Kia Soul ! (Exclaim): $21,300
For the Juke, MSRP is:
- 2016 Nissa Juke S (base): $20,250
- 2016 Nissa Juke SV: $22,300
- 2016 Nissa Juke SL: $25,240
- 2016 Nissa Juke NISMO®: $24,830
- 2016 Nissa Juke NISMO® RS: $28,020
The savings leaves plenty of room for customizing the Kia Soul, or putting money towards insurance, road trips, or anything else for this terrific vehicle.
Soul vs. Juke: Performance
A 130-hp 1.6L engine with 118 lb. ft. torque powers the 2016 Soul base, while a 164-hp 2.0L engine with 151 lb. ft. torque is at the core of the Plus and the Exclaim trims. These GDI motors are supported by six-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission with overdrive, and complemented by hill start assist, vehicle stability management, and electronic stability control.
The 2016 Juke trims have a 188-hp 1.6L engine with 177 lb. ft. torque, except for the RS, which has 215-hp with 210 lb. ft. torque. Xtronic CVT® or six-speed manual transmission supports it, but it’s all notably disappointing. More should be expected given the higher pricing alone, thus the Juke also fails to impress with how it could handle varying terrains.
Kia vs. Nissan: Distinctive Features
From aesthetics to comfort, the Kia Soul vs. Nissan Juke isn’t even a fight:
- 2016 Kia Soul: With clean-cut lines, the 2016 Kia Soul emits the durable impression that makes it a standout SUV. Multi-reflector headlights, front fog lights, and a heated rear glass accent the sleek design, that’s just as nice inside with six-ten way power adjustable driver seating, and available heated front and rear seats. Front 55.5” and rear 54.7” shoulder room, and front 53.2” and rear 49.3” hip room allows for everyone to comfortably relax, and 49.5-61.3 cu. ft. cargo space with folded rear seating means a lot of necessary stuff can be packed into this car for adventures.
- 2016 Nissan Juke: There’s less coziness in the 2016 Nissan Juke, with front 53.6” and rear 51.4” shoulder room, front 51.5” and rear 48.4” hip room, 35.9 cu. ft. cargo space, and driver seating only up to six positions. It’s also not as ergonomically designed, and looks more like a sports car on big wheels, rather than a formidable SUV.
Decide the Winner: Kia Soul vs. Nissan Juke at Kingdom Kia
Stop by Kindgom Kia, and see for yourself how awesome the 2016 Kia Soul is! We’re here Monday through Saturday at our 2600 North Bishop Ave in Rolla, MO showroom, and always ready to set up a test drive. Experience its superiority over the 2016 Nissan Juke, and choose the Soul trim that represents you!