How to Use Kia Remote Start
Kia Remote Start Video Transcription
Welcome to this Kia Feature Program covering the optional remote start system available on new Kia models. In this video, we’ll cover the basic features, function, and operation of the remote start system featuring this exclusive remote start key fob, which is different from the original equipment – or OE – key fob.*
As you can see, this remote start key fob only has one button, so it’s simply a matter of how many times you press it and for how long. It’s a different process than the original key fob, and it breaks down like this:
- Press the button one time on the transmitter to lock the vehicle. (Vehicle beeps and locks)
- Press the button two times to unlock the driver’s door. (One door unlocks)
- And two more times to unlock all doors. (Vehicle beeps and unlocks)
- To activate the remote start feature, press and hold the button one time, until the lock icon displays. Then within 3 seconds, press and hold the button for 2 seconds. The key icon will flash and the vehicle will start. (Engine revs to life)
- To remotely stop the vehicle, press and hold the button again for two seconds.
After unlocking the doors and entering the vehicle you started remotely, you must press the brake pedal and then the “start” button within 3 seconds. You must also have the OE key fob in your possession. For more information, always check your Kia owner’s manual or features and function guide that came with your new Kia. Thanks for watching.
Discover Kia Remote Start at Kingdom Kia
We can install a remote start system on your new Kia — either before you drive it home or after — so you can warm the car up on those mornings when everything feels just a bit too cold. Contact Kingdom Kia today to learn more about your upgrade options or to schedule your remote starter install.
We’re here to help you learn everything you need to know, from remotes to gap insurance costs!