Which is Better: Kia vs. Hyundai
If you’re searching for an automobile that’s both affordable and reliable, chances are high that you’ve considered both Kia and Hyundai. Most drivers in the St. James area know that these companies have a common base in South Korean manufacturing, but they are far from the same company–often to Kia’s advantage. Compare Kia vs. Hyundai in-depth with Kingdom Kia to find out which is the better buy.
Kia vs. Hyundai: Brand Overview
- Selection: Kia manufactures 18 distinct sedans, SUVs, minivans, hybrids, and electric vehicles (EVs). The Hyundai lineup offers a smaller selection of just 13 vehicles.
- Warranty: Both the Kia Warranty and the Hyundai warranty are recognized as top notch. Each offers a 10-year/100,000-mile limited powertrain warranty. At Kingdom Kia, we offer a comprehensive Warranty Forever program that you won’t find elsewhere.
- Exterior Design: Your choice between Kia vs. Hyundai should depend, in part, on your taste and style. Kia vehicles tend to be designed with sporty, energetic exteriors, while Hyundai vehicles tend to be curvier and more organic-seeming. Each will give a different impression on your Springfield drives.
- Technology: The Kia UVO system makes it easy to connect to Bluetooth, and voice commands are standard in most vehicles. Hyundai offers a comparable Blue Link system, but in general, we think you’ll find the capabilities of UVO more impressive.
- Safety: Neither Hyundai nor Kia lack advanced safety features, but Kia models offer a wide range of active and passive safety technologies in almost every vehicle and trim they make:
- Brake assist system with electronic brake-force distribution
- Electronic stability control and traction control system
- Rollover mitigation and vehicle stability management system
- Cornering brake control
- Hill start assist control
- Lower anchors and tethers for kids
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- Front and rear crumple zones
Kia Forte vs. Hyundai Elantra
The Kia Forte and the Hyundai Elantra are priced similarly, but where the Elantra offers a small advantage in pricing, the Forte wins out on fuel economy and features:
- The 2019 Kia Forte starts at $17,690 MSRP and runs on a 147-hp 2.0L DOHC 16-valve I-4 Atkinson Cycle engine. The EPA estimates its fuel economy at 27 mpg city and 37 mpg highway.
- The 2018 Hyundai Elantra starts at $16,950 MSRP and it runs on a 147-hp Inline four-cylinder engine. The EPA estimates its fuel economy at 26 mpg city and 36 mpg highway.
Kia Optima vs. Hyundai Sonata
The Kia Optima and Hyundai Sonata are practically twins, but close attention reveals the superior standard features and seat comfort of the Optima, which only starts a little higher than the Sonata:
- The 2019 Kia Optima starts at $22,900 MSRP and runs on a 185-hp 2.4L DOHC 16-valve I-4 engine. The EPA estimates its fuel economy at 25 mpg city and 35 mpg highway.
- The 2019 Hyundai Sonata starts at $22,300 MSRP and runs on a 185-hp 2.4L Inline four-cylinder engine. The EPA estimates its fuel economy at 26 mpg city and 36 mpg highway.
Compare the 2019 Kia Optima vs. 2019 Hyundai Sonata in-depth if you’re on the fence.
Kia Sportage vs. Hyundai Tucson
These two compact SUVs can both help you enjoy more versatility on your Fort Leonard Wood drives, but the Sportage offers more power along the way:
- The 2019 Kia Sportage starts at $23,750 MSRP and runs on a 181-hp 2.4L DOHC 16-valve I-4 engine. The EPA estimates its fuel economy at 23 mpg city and 30 mpg highway.
- The 2018 Hyundai Tucson starts at $22,550 MSRP and runs on a 164-hp 2.0L Inline four-cylinder engine. The EPA estimates its fuel economy at 23 mpg city and 30 mpg highway.
Kia Sorento vs. Hyundai Santa Fe
Once again, the Kia Sorento and the Hyundai Santa Fe look like each other’s equals at first glance. However, when we compare the 2019 Kia Sorento vs. 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe closely, it’s clear that the Kia model’s performance and interior give it the edge. Here’s how their baseline specs measure up:
- The 2019 Kia Sorento starts at $25,990 MSRP and runs on a 185-hp 2.4L DOHC 16-valve I-4 engine. The EPA estimates its fuel economy at 22 mpg city and 29 mpg highway .
- The 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe starts at $25,500 MSRP and runs on a 185-hp 2.4L Inline four-cylinder engine. The EPA estimates its fuel economy at 22 mpg city and 29 mpg highway.
Kia vs. Hyundai: Which is the Better Choice in Rolla?
You may have noticed that, in some cases, we’ve compared 2019 Kia models vs. their Hyundai competitors from 2018. This is because Kia tends to release their newest models more quickly than Hyundai–and that means when you drive with us, you’ll enjoy access to more advanced technologies. The pricing advantages offered by Hyundai largely disappear when we compare 2019 models from both manufacturers.
When asking, “which is better: Kia vs. Hyundai?” the answer is often that it simply depends on your sense of style–as long as you don’t mind waiting longer for the newest Hyundai models. Hyundai’s subtler, more laid-back vehicles will doubtlessly appeal to some, but most, we think, will prefer the sharp style of Kia.
Schedule Your Test Drive at Kingdom Kia
Although there are plenty of similarities between Kia vs. Hyundai, we think the advantage ultimately lies with Kia, which tends to push the envelope a little further than its competitor. Contact us to learn more about their differences, or see for yourself by scheduling a test drive in your favorite new Kia vehicle today!
More From Kingdom Kia
The 2019 Kia Sorento is one of the most popular SUVs on the market that offers plenty of advanced safety features to keep you alert and protected on St. James and Springfield roads. But it’s not just drivers and customers that are airing praise for the Kia Sorento. Reputable sources such as the IIHS and NHTSA…
An alternator is an essential component to your vehicle, but are you familiar with its actual function? The alternator is the common unsung hero of your vehicle as many drivers can easily think that the battery powers the car, it’s only used to start it. It is responsible for sending power to the car’s electrical…
The 2019 Kia Soul attracts drivers with impressive interior dimensions, eye-catching exterior style, and forward-thinking features, and the Kia Soul warranty ensures you get all that while still enjoying fantastic coverage. You’ll enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing your new compact crossover is well protected. More on WarrantyContact Us What is the Kia…