Things to Do in Jefferson City
We’ve lost track of the number of times we’ve made a day — or weekend — trip into Jefferson City to get away from the everyday here in Rolla, and we thought it was time to share with you our favorite Jefferson City restaurants — and some nice hotel options if you decide to stay over.
Our Favorite Jefferson City Restaurants
- Lutz BBQ: With a menu of pork, poultry, beef, fish, and a long list of standard BBQ sides, Lutz BBQ feels like a down-home cookout in the best ways.
- The Grand Cafe: Full-service, casual dining in the heart of the city, the Grand Cafe has something new every day, from their specials to their infused liquors. High-key food in a low-key atmosphere.
- Madison’s Cafe: Chateaubriand for two to chicken jalapeño pasta, there’s something for every taste at Madison’s. Voted Most Romantic Dining in the Jefferson City News Tribune Readers Choice Award, it’s a great choice for that special night out.
- Das Stein House: For over 35 years Das Stein House has been bringing authentic German food to the people of Missouri, complete with unique atmosphere and room for the whole family.
- The Blue Skillet: Georgia-style soul food? In my Jefferson City? You had better believe it. The Blue Skillet specializes in fried chicken, fish, pork chops, sweet potatoes, fried okra, and more for a taste of the south without ever leaving Missouri.
Stay Over: Jefferson City Hotels
Whether you’re looking to put the in-laws up somewhere for the weekend or you’re having an extended stay yourself, there are plenty of nice hotels in Jefferson City.
- Capitol Plaza Hotel: With attached convention center, there’s always something happening at the Capitol Plaza Hotel, and its variety of rooms and recent renovations promise a comfortable stay no matter your needs.
- Double Tree: Looking for somewhere upscale yet familiar? The Double Tree by Hilton is the way to go, located right on Monroe Street.
- Cliff Manor Inn: A designated local landmark, Cliff Manor Inn offers history, romance, and the chance to unwind or recharge — to keep the peace and quiet, they don’t allow kids or pets, though.
Get There in Style
There’s plenty to do in Jefferson City, and whether you’re from there or right here in Rolla, you should look good wherever you’re headed. When it’s time for your next car, keep Kingdom Kia in mind.